Cables and cable systems make up one of the primary components of electrical power systems. It is often important to test cables and conductors during installation, preemptively before failure, or in the event of failure. We have testing equipment in house up to 100kV.
DES provides cable testing services for low, medium, and high voltage. All of our tests are carefully planned in accordance with current codes and standards to lower the chances of damage.
Typical Tests Include:
- DC Highpot
- VLF Highpot
- Tan Delta
- Partial Discharge
- Megger Test (Low Voltage)
- Ductor Test (Terminations)
Typical Deliverables Include:
- A walkdown of your facility by a Licensed Engineer
- Testing of Cables and Components
- A Sealed Written Report that is suitable for records or submittal to insurance providers.
- Unbiased Advice on any Findings. We do not upsell unneeded system upgrades or systems.